
I have always dreamed of becoming a homeowner. But the reality of living in such a spacious two-story house with 0.5 acre of greenery was more than just a "let's buy a house" decision. It was truly a dream-come-true to me! It was the freedom of space that rekindles my desire and passion for arts and creativity. The picture represents an overview of our living room. For the family and friends who have visited us, I hope our home is not only an eye-opening retreat but also serves as an inspiration. As for those whom have not gotten a chance to stop by, we await your visit!

I find it unusual that people no longer decorate with tapestry which used to be such a commonality. The creation of picturesque landscape on fabric just fascinates me!
You might also notice an abacus on the wall. Sadly, I have forgotten how to perform arithmetic processes using this thousand year old "counting frame". Yet the memory of carrying a 12-inch long Japanese abacus (算盤) to an after school class was still vivid.

This is the "cafe by the window" with a full view of our front garden and neighborhood street. Often we enjoy a cup of grande latte and a relaxing conversation here in this corner. The coffee table was our 2006 Christmas present. It was exclusively designed and handmade by my father-in-law, Ron. The picture does not do justice to the true beauty to its craftsmanship!
2 comments:
I always remember the first time I visited your house (and it was the only time). I could imagine what's your idea even thought there was not many stuff in your house. What you did is far from my imagination. It is so exotic and splendid! Hope I could visit you again someday.
Love your home! Hope we will get to visit one day!
Post a Comment